What is the Workshop about?
Computational Fluid Dynamics is the area of engineering that deals with the numerical simulation and analysis of fluid flows encountered by an engineer (mechanical, automobile, aeronautical, civil, environmental and so on) daily in multitude of circumstances. CFD is a very robust technique that finds wide applications in various industry sectors. There is an immense need for engineers, who understand and can apply the techniques of CFD to solve a variety of design, analysis and optimisation problems. This course on Basics of CFD certified by Altair Engineering is a peek into this highly demanding field and will be a door to the numerous opportunities for engineers.
Industry Certification by Altair Engineering
Free limited-period training licenses of CFD software (AcuSolve) by Altair Engineering for participants
Hands-on experience with industry grade software to execute multiple CFD projects.
- Exposure to industry practices for the simulation of different flow physics
- Introduction to the latest trends in CFD
- Case studies from real industrial problems and group discussions to enhance collaborative learning
Good multimedia content to help participants grasp the material easily
- Career guidance by experienced faculty
Useful for interview preparation
Course Structure and Topics Covered:
Review of Fluid Mechanics & Advanced Mathematics – 2 hours
Basics of CFD:
Introduction to CFD – 0.5 hour
CFD principles and practices (includes practical session) – 1.5 hour
Governing Equations – 0.5 hour
Numerical Techniques & Mathematical Modelling – 0.5 hour
Practical Sessions – Hands-on experience for participants using AcuSolve – 8 hours
Each practical session includes:
Understanding of the flow physics of the problem
Setting the flow physics in the solver
Solution strategy & solving
Post-processing of results: visualization techniques
Case studies based on industrial problems in Aerospace, Automobile, Mechanical, Civil, Solar Energy, etc. – 1.5 hours
Group discussions – 1 hour
Certificate Distribution – 0.5 hour
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All AerotriX certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
The participants should have completed at least one course on Fluid Mechanics and Engineering Mathematics.
Instruction to Participants:
Participants are recommended to bring their own Laptop with Windows OS
AcuSolve will not support Mac OS,Linux
“Lecture was very helpful for my CFD Course and I came to know about how exactly CFD software works.” –
Pratheepan J, Kilakarai
- AerotriX is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Mechanical, Aeronautical and Automobile Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
18001237177 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college