What is this workshop about?
Although robotics is being researched widely to be autonomous, there are activities that need human intervention to carry out some functions. Mechatronics is one such technology that fuses electronics and mechanical concepts. The devices that are developed with mechatronics technology can assist humans to carryout industrial activities that are dull, dirty and dangerous.
Through this project-based training program you will learn to build 2 mechatronics projects in 6 days. The projects that you will build are
- Robotic Arm
- Walking Robot
The robotic arm that you will build as part of this training program will have 3 degrees of freedom and can be operated using your smart phone. The robotic arm uses an HC-05 bluetooth module to establish the connection between the user and device. In addition to building your own robotic arm, you will also learn about arduino architecture, arduino programming, servo motors working and concepts of industrial robotics.
The second project that you will build as part of the training program is Walking Robot. The robot that you will learn to build is capable of imitating the walking action of humans. The robot that you develop will have feet, knee and hip. As part of this project, you will learn the concepts behind servo motors calibration and working, arduino programming and architecture.
- Introduction to Mechatronics and its various real time applications
- Development and control Techniques involved in designing Robotic Arm
- Forward & Inverse Kinematics in Robots
- Simulation of Robotic Arms using RoboAnalyzer
- Design and Build a Robotic Arm
- Concepts & application of bluetooth communication
- Walking Robot fabrication and implementation
- Servo Motors: Concepts & Applications
- Hands-on experience on Arduino and its programming
- Robotic Arm Schematic & Elements
- Formulation of Kinematics of a 3 DoF Robotic Arm
- Arduino Architecture - Structure & Features
- Development and control of a Robotic Arm
- Servo control mechanisms
- Robotic Arm: Concepts and Applications
- Bluetooth Communication: How it Works
- Fabrication of Robotic Arm & Walking Robot
- Arduino Uno
- HC-05 Bluetooth Module
- Servo Motors - 4 Nos
- USB to UART Cable
- Barrel Connector
- Battery Connector
- Gripper Base & Connector
- Metal U Clamps
- Metal L Clamps
- Breadboard & Wire
- 1 pin Connectors
- Wooden Plank
- 9V Battery
All the above components would be provided during the program to participants in groups of 5 but would be taken back at the end.
Participants registering in groups of 5 will get take-home kit for free. Take-home kit consists of all the above items excluding the items marked with *.
The common electronic components in the kits for Robotic Arm will be reused from the Walking Robot.
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All Skyfi Labs certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is interested to learn mechatronics technology, arduino architecture & programming, industrial robotics concepts can attend this training program.
- AerotriX is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Mechanical, Aeronautical and Automobile Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
18002003855 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college