What is this workshop about?
You will build a Robotic Arm with 3 degrees of freedom which can act as a Pick and Place Robot and is controlled with the help of your hand gestures.
By building this project, you will practically learn about Arduino programming, working of the servo motors - which acts as actuators and Accelerometer sensor for the control of Robotic Arm using hand gestures.
Animatronics is the illusion of life achieved via electronic devices. Animatronics techniques using robots to imitate human and animal activities are widely practiced in movie making to create imaginary life-like creatures. Animatronics technology makes it possible to replicate a living being's action and facial expressions. In this program, we train the students to design, fabricate and control an Animatronic hand using embedded systems.
- Introduction to Animatronics and its various real time applications
- Development and control Techniques involved in designing Animatronic structures
- Exposure to Flex sensors, Microcontroller programming (Freeduino), servo motors and Pulse Width Modulation.
- Design, Fabrication, Assembly and control of Animatronic hand
- Design and Build a Robotic Arm
- Concepts & application of Accelerometer Sensor
- Sensor fabrication and Implementation
- Understanding Freeduino Embedded platform and its Features
- Interfacing Sensors, controller and Animatronic Hand
- Hands-on experience on Arduino and its programming
- Flex sensors
- Embedded systems
- Arduino software and its development platform
- Development and control of an Artificial Hand
- Servo control mechanisms
- Robotic Arm: Concepts and Applications
- Accelerometer Sensors and their working
- Fabrication of Robotic Arm
- Arduino Uno Board
- Servo Motors
- Accelerometer Sensor
- Flex Sensors
- Bread Board
- Acrylic Sheet
- Color LEDs
- Male Pin Connectors and Eight Core Cable
- Nose Pliers*
- Wire Stripper*
- Working tools*
All the above components would be provided during the program to participants in groups of 5 but would be taken back at the end.
Participants registering in groups of 5 will get take-home kit for free. Take-home kit consists of all the above items excluding the items marked with *.
The common electronic components in the kits for Animatronics will be reused from the Robotic Arm.
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All AerotriX certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
Who Should Attend?
Students of any background with interest in Arduino Programming and Mechatronics Project.
- AerotriX is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Mechanical, Aeronautical and Automobile Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
1800-3000-1260 (24 Hrs)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college