What is this workshop about?
A hovercraft, also called an air-cushion vehicle, ACV, is a craft capable of travelling at an elevated height over rough terrain. They can also move around well on land, ice, and water. They are supported by a cushion of slow moving, high-pressure air which is ejected against the surface below and contained within a "skirt". Hovercrafts are used in rescue, military, commercial and recreational operations.
The workshop involves the design and fabrication of mini Radio controlled hovercrafts. It will enable participants to practically understand the aerodynamics, electronics and instrumentation principles involved in hovercraft design.
- Complete model designed and fabricated by the participants from scratch.
- Design and Fabrication competitions.
- Practical knowledge gained from the program will help participants to take up B.tech/M.tech projects easily.
- Good multimedia content to help students grasp the content easily.
Course Structure and Topics Covered
- Lecture: The lecture helps the participants understand the physics behind Hovercraft functioning with interactive sessions. The lecture also covers the use and functioning of electronics involved - motors, ESCs, servo motors, Radio set etc.
- Design: The participants design the Hovercraft under the guidance of the instructors. Participants are encouraged to think and come up with innovative designs.
- Fabrication: The participants will give a physical form to their designs.
- Testing: The hovercrafts designed and fabricated by the participants are tested.
Basic Concepts of Hovercraft
Understanding the Physics behind functioning of a Hovercraft
Structure and parts of a Hovercraft
Introduction to Remote Controlled Hovercraft
Electronics used in the design of RC Hovercraft
- Engine/Electric Motor
- Electronic Motor Controller
- Transmitter *
- Receiver *
- Li-Po Battery
- Servo Motors (1 Piece)
- Corrugated plastic boards as raw material
- Control Rods
- Rubber Adhesive
- Epoxy Glue
- Wing Holders
- Working Tools *
All the above components would be provided during the program to participants in groups of 5 but would be taken back at the end. This is being done to reduce the cost of the program and make it affordable for students who do not want to buy the take-away kit.
Take-away kit consists of all the above items excluding the items marked with *. Take-away kit can be purchased at the venue by paying an additional fee of ₹ 5,000
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All AerotriX certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
- This course is open to all students interested in Hovercraft Design and hybrid vessels.
- Students interested for a career in Aerospace and related fields of engineering
It was useful & fabulous in making the hovercraft
A.Leo Dixon, Coimbatore
- AerotriX is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Mechanical, Aeronautical and Automobile Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
18002003855 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college