What is workshop about ?
A delta wing is a wing whose shape when viewed from above looks like a triangle, often with its tip cut off. Delta wings have become popular during the World War II and have been explicitly researched upon till date to develop new and efficient configurations. All the combat aircraft of the new era are either delta planes or tail-less delta planes.This aeromodelling workshop will provide participants to learn and explore the multi-disciplinary concepts of delta wing aircraft by introducing them to the design aspects of the delta wing aircraft.
The workshop encompasses the four major fields of the theory of aircraft - Aerodynamics, Flight Mechanics and Control, Propulsion and Structures with elaborate discussion on the first two fields. The participants will be taught about the basic functioning of instruments on board an aircraft (radio controls, servo motors) and also about the propulsion systems
(IC engines/ electric motors). We strongly recommend this workshop to those who wish to take up a career in the Aerospace Industry.
- Design, Build & Test your first RC Delta from scratch!
- Learn all the introductory concepts of aeronautical engineering through aeromodelling
- Introduction to Design Algorithm of an aircraft
- Hands-on experience on the electronic and electrical instrumentation of an RC aircraft
Course Structure and Topics Covered
- Introductory Lecture on Aeromodelling - 3 hours
- Basics of Flight & Aeronautics
- Different Systems in an Aircraft
- Stability & Control of an Aircraft
- Instrumentation in an RC Aircraft
- Design Session - 1 hours
- Fabrication Session - 10 hours
- Testing Session - all aircrafts designed by the participants are flown by an expert flyer of Team AerotriX - 3 hours
- Awards & Certificate Distribution - 0.5 hour
- Electric Motor
- Electronic Speed Controller
- Transmitter *
- Receiver *
- Li-Po battery
- Servo motors (3 pieces)
- Landing Gear
- Wheels (3 pieces)
- Control Rods
- Epoxy Glue
- Wing Holders
- Working Tools *
- Other miscellaneous items
All the above components would be provided during the program to participants in groups of 5 but would be taken back at the end. This is being done to reduce the cost of the program and make it affordable for students who do not want to buy the take-away kit.
Take-away kit consists of all the above items excluding the items marked with *. Take-away kit can be purchased at the venue by paying an additional fee of ₹ 6,000
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All AerotriX certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
- Students interested in Aircrafts Design
- Students interested for a career in Aerospace and related fields of engineering
- AerotriX is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Mechanical, Aeronautical and Automobile Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
1800-3000-1260 (24 Hrs)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college